1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera floor stand - delivered how?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Faust, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Can anyone advise how the Viera floor stand is delivered i.e. is it a flat pack, and if so, is it a fiddle to assemble? I have had to have a rethink on the Viera PE50 that I have ordered. I desperately didn't want the floor stand, wanting instead the Pedestal version on a glass table stand. However, after doing some further calculations the table I have ordered would take quite a chunk off the lounge, in fact it would have had a much larger footprint than my current 28" CRT. I would also have been left with no other option but to have one corner of the glass table protruding out into the main part of the lounge -a case of an accident waiting to happen. Wall mounting was not an option so I am left with this ugly floor stand (I know others think it is beautiful, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder).

2. StrongSilent

StrongSilent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Flat packed, and about 30 minutes of grunt.
    Quite a few screws and some very long bolts.
    Not rocket science, just tedious.

You need to think about whether it's big enough for all your kit, it was a tight squeeze for mine.

3. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Sky+ ,DMR E30, Panny AV Receiver, VCR. This little lot fits at present (just) on my two shelf Panasonic CRT stand. It will hopefully do the same on the Vera stand.