1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera DVB Text

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Vincenzo, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Vincenzo

Vincenzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have bought a Viera 37PE30. Setup the channels ok and the picture is perfect. Signal strength is 9 for virtually all channels. I am using QED Qunex TTV and RVR cables so no problem there. The problem is that I can get text on BBC1 and BBC2 on DVB but not on any of the other channels. Text via Analogue was fine once I manually tuned in the channels.

Anybody else come across thsi problem ?

:confused:

2. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which software version do you have? I found that the older 2.26 s/w would not display Channel 9 teletext. It's fine now I've updated the s/w to 2.36 (an update was broadcast last weekend). Maybe this is source of the problem?

3. Vincenzo

Vincenzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    It was only delivered on Saturday so I would expect it to be very recent. I will check when I get home.

4. Vincenzo

Vincenzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Software is bang up to date 2.36. Contacted Panasonic who suggested that I should contact Freeview. It looks like I need to adjust my aerial or get a wideband model.

They also pointed me to the Confederation of Aerial Industries web site which has got some good info on it.

http://www.cai.org.uk