• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Viera Cast ok, but cant stream to TV

celtic1967

Getting a bit frustrated trying to connect up my Panny G20 tv. Its connected via homeplugs to my BT Infinity broadband and I've done a successful connection test on the tv. I can use VieraCast with no problem but I cannot access my PC on the tv. When I look for the tv on the PC I cannot find it. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks

Last edited:

ivepha

Standard Member
If you have windows media player 11 or 12 installed on your PC, make sure the Library Sharing is turned on. This is off by default. You can then link your media folders to the Media Library.

If you need transcoding media files, you can try third-party media server programs.

celtic1967

Thanks for the reply, yes it is set to share with everyone. I think it must be a problem with IP addresses, but I'm not a techie.
Should the proxy port read "0" or should that be blank ?

next010

Distinguished Member
Try Mezzmo even demo version instead of WMP. If Mezzmo is running and it cant see the server then its definitely a network issue of some kind, could be firewall related if you have any third party one installed on the PC that comes part of anti-virus package like Mcafee or Symantec.

celtic1967

Try Mezzmo even demo version instead of WMP. If Mezzmo is running and it cant see the server then its definitely a network issue of some kind, could be firewall related if you have any third party one installed on the PC that comes part of anti-virus package like Mcafee or Symantec.

It must be a network issue !!! Have to have a proper look at it tomorrow:(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom