1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera buzzing noise driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zipzapuk, Oct 10, 2004.

1. zipzapuk

zipzapuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had my 42" viera installed this week and I noticed it makes a low pitch buzzing noise from the back on the set, It's fine when I have my av system on as it gets drowned out by the noise, but for normal tv its there everytine the screen goes quite. John lewis tell me to rang panasonic direct for a swop out, has anyone else had theirs taken away and fixed?? I see from this forum plamas are prowned to this bit really take exception in spending this amount of cash for a sub standard product. If panasonic say its normal, I think I will have to have the tv refunded and go back to my crt 32

I am gutted as last sunday I was over the moon I was getting a plasma to now maybe having to send it back for good.

A gutted panasonic user.

James

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Sounds like you have a dodgy power supply board. There will be a faint buzz but on mine it's only audible if you stick your ear right up close to the back of the telly. You shouldn't be having to turn up your amp to drown the buzz out and it certainly shouldn't be audible over the TV's own sound. Maybe it's worth visiting a few shops that have the TH-42PE30 on display and making a few comparisons regarding the buzzing sound coming out the back?

If you do a search here then you'll find that buzzing power supplies seems to be a common complaint about plasma screens, I guess it's sa bit like cars in that some units suffer from the 'Friday build' syndrome.

S.

3. antsplan

antsplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have the Panny Viera, and cant say I have noticed any audible buzzing that would cause me too worry.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if you mute sound and out your head by the vents you should here a low buzz CRT's do this as well get it swapped mate you will still be over the moon.... if you have had it 7 days or less wont JL swap it as they can return it to Panny for credit if it is faulty in 7 days