1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera Analogue Tuning Problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dooid, Dec 13, 2004.

1. dooid

dooid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panny Viera th42pe30. Everything is going great except I don't seem to be able to get the same channels that I got with my older sony crt. I only have analogue tv coming through and I can only get some tv channels. I have tried manually tuning but that hasn't helped. I have a few ideas about whats up but I was wondering if anyone else out there had a similar problem and how they fixed it. Cheers

2. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get a better aerial :)

3. sunil1234

sunil1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    try an arial booster from Argos (if it doesnt work, take it back within the MBG period).

I found it meant the difference between getting NO freeview channels to getting all of them at signal quality 7-9 across the board on my flats communal arial (yes i know it also amplifies noise but gettting nothing compared to everything makes all the difference!)

(wife wont let me get sky YET as i have started her off on a 28"crt convincing her that a Panny 26" LCD was a better buy and then swapping for a 32 LCD due to JL in store pricing and now a 37" Viera plasma due to dead pixels on the LCD and a current JL promotion.

S

4. dshtt

dshtt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Further to my recent post can you confirm whether the Viera sets have an analogue tuner as well as dvb

5. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0