1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera 7-day EPG

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by adrianl, Nov 18, 2004.

1. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received Viera 42" today and I must say so far it's brilliant on DVD component, Freeview (I get almost full strength signal) and even analogue broadcast.

Puzzled that the epg shows 7 days on tabs, but in fact you can only see now/next for today. Software is 10-2.26 and freeview web site doesn't list any upgrades for it this week or next. Any clues when they'll be an upgrade?

The freeview epg is the only disappointment with the viera. It's rather clunky/basic (eg picture and sound blocked when guide on screen, moving about guide slow). I intend to feed it with my Sony 800U box instead which is brilliant, at least till epg upgrade is available and maybe permanently.

For those of you with the 7-day guide, what software version are yoiu showing when you select the 'system update' option?

Oh and anyone hesitating on viera shouldn't! Thanks also to bright sparks who guided me to a super JL deal.

Thanks,

Adrian

2. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  4. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks but I'd seen that thread. I have same s/w as guy who says he only has now/next. I checked the website given but no pana updates planned for this week or next. I do have the option set to tell me of updates.

Adrian