Viera 6 inch picture shift

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by chrisfoot, Nov 29, 2004.

1. chrisfoot

chrisfoot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my Viera 42", which I have had only for 10 days, the picture from all sources including all AV inputs has shifted about 6 inches to the left losing those 6 inches off to the left of the screen with a corresponding black bar on the right hand side. It had worked fine up to saturday night, but on turning on the TV sunday morning the shift has occurred.
    No setting changes have been made overnight and I have unplugged the mains, unplugged all connections several times.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Obviously I will contact the retailer (H. Preston) today, but I was wondering if there was something obvious I might be missing.

Many thanks.

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Is there no 'return to default settings' anywhere in the menu?

3. chrisfoot

chrisfoot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes there is and I have tried that as well. All that did was change back the contrast, brightness etc. to factory defaults. Also the picture quality itself is less difined than before the problem.

Am waiting for call back from H.Preston.

4. elliot_01

elliot_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris,

I'm no engineer, but it really does sound like a serious fault. I would contact Panasonic in the meantime.

I too bought a Viera from H preston, last weekend. Fingers crossed it's not a bad batch! :eek:

To go off topic, I don't suppose you took the interest free buy-now-pay-in-12-months option did you?

I did, and have still yet to hear anything from the finance company... I feel like they're going to scam me... like refrain to ever take any money, until after the 12 months... then demand the extortionate interest rate. :confused:

Anyone else had any dealings with them, and the finance option? H Preston said, I'd hear from them within a week to arrange the direct debit etc.

5. chrisfoot

chrisfoot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Eliot_01

I have had a reply from H Preston and they are going to arrange a replacement to be sent to me. Now I have to rebuild the box and packing that is currently flat-packed in the garage! I was in the lucky position of being able to pay cash for the Viera, so I did not take the 12 months free, although looking at it now maybe I should have and kept my money earning interest for me for a year and not someone else.
    Oh well, at least I won't have to remember to pay up in a years time.
    I would make a note of the date that you bought the TV and make sure you put a date in your organiser/diary for about 11 months time to make the payment. I have done this type of 12 months interest-free several times before, and on more than one occasion the finance company have not sent me a reminder, even though they say they did.
    Here's hoping your Viera (and my replacement) lasts longer than my first one!

6. elliot_01

elliot_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris, cheers on the reply.

Good to hear H Preston have been helpful and responsive. Not flat-packed my box yet... think I'll leave it that way for a good few weeks yet :-|