1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vidikron TGS 301

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NikUK, Aug 30, 2003.

1. NikUK

NikUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Ive just bought a Vidikron TGS 301 crt projector off ebay that has a problem, i wouldn't usually bid on spares or repairs stuff but an electronic 6ft screen is included too so i thought id go for it, ended up on £102. Only won it today but could do with some help in what could need doing to the projector to get it working when i get it through the post so I thought id ask the people with knowledge.

The description of the problem is below, this is what was on the ebay listing:

VIDIKRON PROJECTION TV ,MODEL TGS 301,FAULT IS AS FOLLOWS :DECORATORS CAME USED STEAM STRIPPER,CONDENSATION BUILT UP ON TOP OF UNIT ATTACHED TO CEILING,UNIT HIT WITH POOL CUE (NOT HARD)BRIGHT SPARK AND POP NOISE THEN NO PICTURE.?????....NEXT DAY TAKEN DOWN,TURNED ON BY ELECTRICIAN WHO SAYS GET A HAIDRYER ON IT ,POWERS UP BUT AT LEAST 8 I.CS (what the fudge?)NEED REPLACING.?

Any help will be greatly appreciated... :)

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    The main UK agent for Vidikron is Satvision, they're based in Stockport. Tel 0161 608 1360.

I also know a couple of independant engineers who may be able to help you, though they would need the projector at their workshops before they could estimate repair costs. If you would be willing to send it by courier then pm me and I'll give you the details.

Regards