1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vidikron TGS-301 Help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gardnerp, Oct 14, 2004.

1. gardnerp

gardnerp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got one of these projectors off ebay. Is there anywhere I can get a setup manual for it? Also, I can't find any way to switch the input from the default TV to S-Video. I keep seeing references to a remote online but I didn't get one with it. Can I use the projector without it or am I stuck?

Thanks.

2. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. gardnerp

gardnerp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where abouts is the IR reciever on this projector? I'm trying to find some way of switching source without buying a philips omni but I don't know if my palm m500 is doing something wrong or I'm just pointing it in the wrong place.

4. gardnerp

gardnerp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone? At the moment all I've got is a very expensive paperweight that happens to throw static onto my wall

5. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is an installation manual for the 301 here although it is in Italian, but I am sure you will be able to find the location of the ir recieverr from it. Maybe even put the text through one of the translaters online to convert it to English.

John

6. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    CRT projectors often have two IR ports - one front and one on the back. The ports are usually covered with a dark red tinted perspex window.

If possible try standing at least 3 ft from the back of the projector so that the IR beam from your remote has chance to spread wide enough to catch all the back panel.

Regards

7. gardnerp

gardnerp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I managed to find a source for a replacement (not original vidikron) remote and it works. I can post the source if people are interested. Now I've just got to work out the best way to mount my projector in a rented flat. I don't think the landlord would be too happy if I drilled holes in the roof.

8. satrianij

satrianij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI!!
    I have a Vidikron TGS 300 and I need a remote control as well can you please share any info where to get it in the US.

9. DMS1

DMS1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get remotes, which you will need, and directions from Hi-Rez (USA)888-388-2022. they charge 100 for the remote and 25 for directions but you will be lost without them, I'm lost with them.

Does anyone out there actually know something about this machine?