1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vidikron repair needed in kent

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by roscoe, Jan 11, 2004.

1. roscoe

roscoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys,
    i have a vidikron with only 300 hrs on it in imaculate condition. and sadly now its been set up and installed has developed a minor fault. i can give a full symptom report on request, and email photos etc. but i really really need a repairer in kent that can fix and service this thing. this forum is basically my last hope.
    any help whatsoever would be so very welcome.

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

What model do you have ?

If you go and get yourself a copy of "Television and Home Electronics repair" magazine I'm sure there is a guy who advertises Vidikron serviceing in the small ads in the back pages. I don't think he's in Kent though.

Brian

3. roscoe

roscoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks brian,

its a VPF40.
    i shall phone whsmiths first thing in the morning.

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Details of the UK Vidikron distributor have been given in this forum many times. Do a quick search, then give them a ring to see if they can recommend a repair agent in you area.

Good luck.

5. roscoe

roscoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ta chris.
    i tried this some months ago, no one seems to want to know just telling me they went bust in 2001.
    there must be a freelance guy out there that knows his stuff and is competent to repair it. any one???????

6. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I knew that Vidikron in the US had gone bump, but I thought Videkron VPF40s were made in Italy, a totally different business and still going strong. Perhaps I am mistaken?

It is possible to get spares currently. All the guys I know are based in the North of England. Try some of the suppliers to the licenced trade in the South. Middlesex Sound & Light might be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

7. roscoe

roscoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    chris, once again thanx m8.

i'll try them too. is that a web site addresse?
    the thing is chris, i have as you can probably imagine i have spent a blimin lot of money/time on this, and for some reason its now playing up! motorised screen, big 5-1 amp etc, i just want a FIX IT MAN in my area.

by the way chris, your on the ball m8,! the only manual i can download is an italian one. seems such a shame chris, i bought a lovely piece here, in 1st class condition yet when need it serviced its a closed book.

i downright refuse to be overtroden.

there must be someone!

SOMEWHWERE!

8. MQTECHDIR

MQTECHDIR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello roscoe,
    This may help out? Not up on the VPF40, but I belive that this was based on the early E-Home ECP chassis, in particular the 3500 Series. If this is the case, there are two options, 1.) VDC Display Systems (VDCDS) now manufactures the Marquee based systems MQ8500, MQ9500 series and serveral custom systems based on this platform, and additionally still suports the ECP series. We carry many parts for this series.

Also, we have a Service Depot in the UK, please contact me at my e-mail address and I will forward the contact information to you.

Best of luck.
    MQTECHDIR

9. roscoe

roscoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mqt!

i cant seem to find your email address buddy.

i did hear it was based on an electrohome too.
    looks like im finally getting somwhere at last.
    the annoying thing is its not a major fault which makes this thing of mine even more frustrating!
    my email is kirbyrac@aol.com

regards.

rosscoe :)

10. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

I was working on the suggestion made by Chris Frost that your projector was manufactured in Italy. If it is based on a Electrohome model then you may be able to swap out some circuit boards and see if that cures your problem. I have some spare boards for ecp projectors around somewhere which might be of use. It might be useful to post details of your problem on the AVS Forums in the US (where there is a bit more ECP help available) which might suggest which board needs replacing.

Brian.