1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vider senders

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by codswallop, Nov 22, 2003.

1. codswallop

codswallop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to use a wireless video sender a few months back, for fairly obvous reasons, and had one or two problems with it

1) NTL remote did not work in the second room. it looks like there are a couple of products on the market now that fix that one - DigiSender™ Gold X4 ; One For All SV1720 . Is either of these better than the other?

2)The picture did not alyays remain 'steady' - is it realistic to expect good quality in the second room - good enough to video for example?

3)......... and this is why I took it back. Whenever we used the microwave, we had interference. Are the frequencies too close? Will microwaves interfere with the 2 products listed above?

Comments pls folks?

:hiya:

2. neilwillis

neilwillis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi .

Sorry I don’t have NTL, but I do use a Digisender/ Videosender for my SKY box.

1) AEI who makes the Digisender has released a load of new products to cope with cable boxes etc.

2) It should be good enough to record on - - Might be fixed by the new box you mentioned (DigiSender™ Gold X4 )

3) How old is your microwave? Does it still have a dial you turn to set the duration of cooking? If you have an old one i.e. non CE marked then it will cause interference.

Check out the forums at: http://www.aei.info/bb/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi

Hope this helps,

Neil