1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VideoStudio 8 in Windows XP does recognise my Sharp VL-Z3 camcorder - ideas?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Sealban, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Sealban

Sealban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just acquired an Advent T9404 running Windows XP home edition. Firewire card is built in - Device Manager says "VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller". I loaded VideoStudio 8 and started working through the instructions to Capture. I connected the Camcorder (Sharp VL-Z3H) but there was not a flicker of recognition. Any ideas?

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    first can we confirm that you are actually using a firewire (i-link) connection and NOT USB ( the cable supplied with virtually every camcorder is USB) - you need to purchase your own firewire cable.

Second have you switched on the camcorder and put it in VCR mode (or whatever the mode which allows you to play direct to your TV is called on your camera) - you cannot use normal camera/record mode

3. Sealban

Sealban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I was using a firewire cable and had the Camcorder in play mode. No idea why it worked but I've just tried it again and it has worked again. Thanks for offering to help, though!