Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Videoseven LTV27C

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Iggy21UK, Jul 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Iggy21UK

Iggy21UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Videoseven 27" LCD from Misco £528.00
    It does not have HD ready Logo.

It has 1 x scart
    2 x compont [Y,Pb,Pr,L,R]
    1 x S-Video
    1 x VGA
    1 x RS232 + R,L
    1 x Video Input + R, L
    1 x Tuner

Only using it as a TV at present. What other connections might you need in the
    future?
    Also shows 1280 x 720/1024 @ 60hz not 50hz will that be a problem

Any advice please.

2. demonofthefall

demonofthefall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need either HDMI or a DVI/HDCP connector for SkyHD or other future HD content systems

3. jon stallard

jon stallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of these sets in my bedroom. It can be Hi Def ready to a point but only via the component connections but wont be Sky HD compatible..... unless you are one of the first to buy/rent/sell Grannie to get one. Sky have decided (so I read in one of the magazines recently) to make the first batch with component outputs so it will make your TV HD ready.

The copyright enabling occours when you try (for example) to play a DVD on a MCE2005 HTPC, via component out. MCE has the copyright stuff built into it but on occaisions, mine prevented me from viewing a DVD 'because of copyright issues' as it couldn't detect that the other device (the above TV connected via component) was also complying with the protection. At least, that's how I saw it. Quite how Sky will overcome the use of an analogue signal for HD will be interesting but they are doing it because so many sets have component input and not DVI/HDMI (apparently).

The other thing about the TV is that it's very good with component inputs (from other sources). I have my DVD player (not the MCE PC) connected via one set of inputs (no copyright issues). I also bought a scart(rgb) to component convertor to use on my Sony 800 freeview receiver and have that in the other comp. input. Most impressed with the PQ. Does that mean my set up will be HD ready when the BBC start transmitting HD content? Who knows.

Incidently, I stopped using the HTPC with it as I couldn't get a bright enough picture via VGA and as I said, component had copyright issues although the picture was very good when it didn't.

Oh yeah, get hold of a cheapy, powered subwoofer and plug it in to the sub out phono.... it fills the sound out a treat (IMHO).

Hope that helps.

Jon.

4. Iggy21UK

Iggy21UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for you help.
    I was thinking of sending it back and getting the German version as it also has a dvi socket
    why Ingram Micro Uk import without i do not know?
    Also I think you answered another point - I should be able to connect a Inverto freeview IDL 7000 PVR Terrestrial scart to componet. Where did you get the cable please?

5. Iggy21UK

Iggy21UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    German version does not have DVI socket yet. Planned for the future
    When the set will be HD ready.