1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videoseven 32" LCD & Pioneer 575 - Help Me!!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by JFKM, Jun 2, 2005.

1. JFKM

JFKM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I'm hoping that someone has a solution to my problem - I've recently purchased a Videoseven 32" LCD tv, and a new Pioneer DV-575a DVD player (from Richer Sounds) for progressive scan goodness. I connected the DVD to the LCD with an Acoustic Research component cable. Interlaced mode looks fine, but when I switch the player onto progressive mode, the screen goes horribly green! The picture sometimes cuts out for a couple of seconds every now and again also. I've checked and double checked the connections; the DVD player is also on the most recent firmware version. No luck. I get the same effect on both PAL and NTSC progressive. Please tell me that someone has experienced this problem and can help me! Thanks (hopefully) in advance.

2. pinkerton

pinkerton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I wonder if this is the same problem I get with my xbox via component. When the xbox is set to PAL everything is fine, switch it to NTSC (to unlock all the HiDef modes) the screen goes green!
    I'm wondering if the V7 isnt totally NTSC compatible.

3. thelawns

thelawns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I have the same setup as you and have noticed on the odd DVD the picture drops out while in PS but haven't noticed it being green, seems very little difference from Interlaced. I use a Belkin 0.9m Component cable, which i bought >>HERE<< (6th one down) but would have bought the Silver one at the top if I knew it was available...