1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videoseven 30" LCD-TV LTV For PC use and Gaming?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by brutuz, Jun 28, 2005.

1. brutuz

brutuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Graham Sims

Graham Sims
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I've just taken mine back, the tv side of things were not that good, because of it being 15:9, people looked stretched etc, also there were lots of jagged lines in the picture.
    Saying that it was excellent for the pc (but no DVI), things looked very good. Only played a few games on it though GTR, Half life 2 and counterstrike.
    There was no motion blur which I was quite pleased with, text looked very good, just the same you would get on a tft etc.

Hope this helps,

Graham

3. brutuz

brutuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the reply :thumbsup: i will look at the 32" as well

4. Graham Sims

Graham Sims
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is it the Video7 32 inch your going to look at, if it is, it will be a totally different tv from the 30inch one. Correct me if im wrong, but I thought the Video7 32 inch is the same make as the goodmans and sonix tv which was in sainsburys.
    Having had a Sonix 26 inch from sainsburys I can say that there was lots of smearing on movement on tv, brightness levels etc were rubbish, I took that back also.
    The Video7 30inch beats the sonix hands down for picture quality, just shame that its 15:9 or I would have kept it.

Cheers,

Graham

5. brutuz

brutuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i am looking at the 32 model as well becuase i like the style of the TV (it does not have the speakers at the side like the 30", but saying that 32" will be huge on the desk. I dont think the wife is so keen on it :rolleyes: The LCD monotor i am using now for the PC is a 17" has a response time of 25ms but i have never noticed any ghosting problems with BF2 or Couter Strike. The Videoseven 26" only has 25ms response time, it has the same style as the 32" and has a DVI connector too. That would be the best option for me but i need look into it further to see what its like with gaming.

Cheers
    David