Videos Not Appearing in My Videos

johndj1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've got a weird one where certain video files are not appearing in MCE, but are quite visible and accessible through Windows Explorer. The weirder thing is that I'm pretty certain I've been able to view these before with no problem. When I open up the folder where the file is I get a message that says: "No videos were found. Either there are no videos found or you are viewing an empty folder".

The file is just a bog standard mpg file that I can watch in Windows Media Player on the same PC outside of MCE.

Any thoughts?

Dan

Sorry, forgot to say that I have also tried deleting all of the Thumbs files to see if it was caching anything.

Any help appreciated

johndj1 - did you manage to fix this and i now have the same problem!

Kind of, but I'm still not entirely sure how. I think it was down to the MPEG version, which is a bit weird.

I acquired a converter and first converted them across to DiVX and they then began to magically appear. I then converted them from MPEG to MPEG (don't ask) and again they magically appear. Without wanting to care too much, I think it is down to the type of MPG file it is.

However, I still can't explain how I was able to view them previously and then they disappeared.

i havefixed it but also not entirely sure!

I re-associated mpg with WMP10 and uninstalled and re-installed Pure Video?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom