VideoNow unit?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by RobbieD, Nov 29, 2004.

1. RobbieD

RobbieD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,

Sorry, I’m not even sure if this is the right forum for this.

My girlfriends 7 year old son is desperate for a "VideoNow" for Christmas: http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=2501&productId=111222&clickfrom=name
    It appears that it plays some sort of special format discs, but other than that I know nothing about it.

My worry it that the quality will be rubbish, and in 6 months time no one will make any discs for it.

I can't help thinking that we might be better off buying a cheap portable DVD player. But that would cost more, and then the other child would want one too, etc...

Does anyone know anything about this product? What format does it use? What is the resolution?

Does anyone know anything about these things?

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I have not seen one in action, however i have came across articles on the web and they are less than complimentary about the device. I think they also require specific 'discs' which are quite expensive.

3. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    one word mate PANTS

i bought 2 of these plus 2 lots of discs for each of my kids total cost was 160 quid and i have never seen so much trash in my life the pic quality was just awful and the player itself looked like a cheap plastic walkman very badly made

luckily i got them from argos so took the whole lot back and got them the 6.5 inch venturer portable dvd player to share between them this comes with 2 headphone out sockets so no arguing lol