Videomate S350 to SKY STB Signal problem

mocall

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Members,
Who can help
I have set up program scheduler in MCE but when I seect a program I get NO Signal.
I have hooked up by Co Axel to STB input/ STB TV output to S350 Co Axel input.
I have also connected S Video via (scart to S Video Converter).to S350.
I do not have IR Blaster ot MCE remote
STB works Scart to TV
S350 Works with ComproTV
!!Please!!
What have I missed?
mocall

Perhaps if somebody has set this up successfuly they coul explain jost how
they made their connections
my OS:- XP PRO MCE-Videomate S350- SKY standard STB
I have 4 GB Ram- nVidia 8400 Graphics
Oh i'm not a techi or computer savvy either
mocall

HI there

I have a Compro Videomate running from a satellite dish for FTA channles plus i have a VM STB connected via s-video.

Couple of points re the s-video connection, apparently you cannot get a scart to s-video connector to work properly unless you run it through an active converter. Mine is an item made by JS and cost me £70, if you need a link then search for posts ive done and youll find it in the cable and conncectors forum ithink.

MY VM box is set to output to RGB Scart then the signal is passed through a converter which out puts the video signal via the s-video connector and two channel audio. All of which is then fed to the card and this plays and records fine.

Im not sure if im understanding you (probalby to do with my lack of knowledge) but if i understand you, you have connected the compro videomate to a stb via the tv out of the stb, is that right?

Glenn

Hello Glen , Thanks for your contact.
My STB is a Thomson. I have connected Co-Axel from dish to imput.
On STB there are three ports. One port is terrestial input.
Two others are Outputs one is described as "RF out 1" the other is decribed as "RF out 2, 9V DC 50 mA Max". In the STB Handbook it shows RF 1 out going to VCR if you have one. RF 2 out is for second TV. I have used this to connect to VM.
I also have a Scart to Composite conwerter is that a poor converter as well?.
Thanks an advance
mocall

If i understand correctly then your STB is providing a signal feed to your VM card but i think it may be a video signal rather than a plain satellite digital signal?

Im not sure but what kind of connectors have they got in on the outputs from the stb are they f type or standard co-ax connectors?

If its f type then im wrong i think, but i theyre standard co-ax connectors then ithink that may be the problem your trying to put a pal image into a port expecting a DVBS signal.

and re the connector, i didnt try with a standard passive converter but the active one works a treat if your not getting a colour image vie the s-vidoe connector then i would think you need an active item.

Sorry im not much help its a shame some of them ore experienced members havent chimed in.

Glenn

Last edited:
Thankyou Glenn for your interest I do appreciate it. I am also new to this & at 70 yrs old i am finding it very daunting

The Co-Axel ports are standard

I get no picture or sound

If it was jost a wish to improve reception i would be at the shop tomorrow & but an active converter.

Did you ever connect using the co-axel route? If so which of the two ports on the S350 did you use.

mocall

Thankyou Glenn for your interest I do appreciate it. I am also new to this & at 70 yrs old i am finding it very daunting

The Co-Axel ports are standard

In that case i think youre trying to pass a signal to your card thats is a video signal PAL format (or whatever it is that a tv set needs) and not the same signal the card is expecting.

I get no picture or sound

If it was jost a wish to improve reception i would be at the shop tomorrow & but an active converter.

Did you ever connect using the co-axel route? If so which of the two ports on the S350 did you use.

I have only connected my card direct to a satellite dish on the input port and it works fine.

mocall

Sounds to me like you are trying to feed an incorrect signal to the card which is why you have no picture or sound at all.

Just a though if you post the model number it might be easy to look it up online?

Glenn

Ps dont worry im not exaclty a kid either so dont worry about youre age, you sound like youre giving it a good go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom