Video8 since 1988 Now what do I buy??

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by hookers, Oct 12, 2002.

1. hookers

hookers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neil here, I have tapes I have not played yet!! From 1990 ish.. My 2 video8 cams are stuffed.... Sony have the DCRTRV340 digital8 cam that plays analogue tapes.. Are there any others??? In Australia that is all I can find.. Or should I get DVD camera and borrow a video8 one!!! Will a DVD camera disc play on a DVD player as well??????? They are smaller...
    Thanking you

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,452
    Sony are the only manufacturer of Digital8
    Ther are several vesions/models by Sony that will give a choice of features and will play all your 8mm tapes.
    DVD camcordwers are new (and probably expensive) and the small DVD disks are not as readily available as 8mm tape. Recorded DVD's only might play in your DVD player (depends on make/model/age etc).
    IMO a tape based camera will be the better option.

Mark.

3. hookers

hookers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks MarkE19
    Mini DV it is. Now, do I want a memory card or not!!! I will decide at the shop tomorrow cos we have a Classic Car rally in Adelaide for the next 3 days . and i want to tape some of it...
    Neil