1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video8 and pc

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by john R1, May 26, 2004.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a few old video8 tapes, is it possible to download these onto my computer and transfer them to cd or dvd as my computer has a dvd burner, wife has just bought a panasonic mini-dv camcorder could i transfer them to this format which would be easier thanks john

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    You can get analogue video onto a PC in a number of ways:

If your new cam has analogue inputs then you can use that to do the digital conversion either direct to the PC or record to DV then copy to PC. The method available depends on the DV cams features :rtfm:
    Play the analogue tapes in a Digital8 cam that is capable of playing them and outputting them via the firewire port to the PC. Only some D8 cams can play analogue tape though.
    Get an analogue to DV external converter box. This will be very good quality but will cost around £200.
    Get a cheap analogue to USB2.0 converter. Cheap at around £50 but the quality will be fairly low.

Let us know how you get on,
    Mark.