1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video7 V7LTV26C 26" LCD quick comments and a question.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by warhorse, May 1, 2005.

1. warhorse

warhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've had one of these for a week or so now so here are a few comments.
    The set looks very nice indeed, it is fairly stylish and doesn't look cheap at all. Sound quality is acceptable but not great, with a bit of fiddling you can get a nice bassy sound and it is plenty loud enough for an average sized room. TV picture quality is brilliant if you are sitting more than 8 feet away from the set and a bit dodgy if you are closer than that, this is important, if you are planning on sitting less than 8 feet away from the screen then a 26 inch lcd isn't really for you, this is probably the case with all lcd tv's not just the Video7. I must say it again though, from more than 8 feet away the quality of the tv picture through an antenna is stunning.
    I hooked it up to a Mac Mini and I can only say that the Video7 makes an absolutely brilliant computer display, the screen is bright and text is crystal clear. To get this sort of computer display for less than £565 (at Ebuyer) is amazing. I'm not a gamer so I can't comment on it's usefulness in that area.
    Summing up then, this is a great display for the money, if you are thinking of buying one then I can only recommend that you do.
    Now a question for people who own one of these, is it possible to change tv channels by simply pressing the button 1 or 2 etc on the remote instead of having to press 01 or 02 etc?
    Thanks.

2. warhorse

warhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    >Now a question for people who own one of these, is it possible to change tv >channels by simply pressing the button 1 or 2 etc on the remote instead of >having to press 01 or 02 etc?

:lease:
    Seeing as I have had no replies to the above question can I point out that this is the same set as the Sonix 26 incher that was being sold in Sainsburys so is it possible to change channels on them just by pressing 1 or 2 etc?

Thanks,
    Warhorse (not my proper name)

3. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Warhorse,

I dont own the 26" V7 but I do own the 32" version (LTV32D) :smashin:

Think i'm right in saying that the two sets share the same remote (RC2600) and in 2 months or so I haven't found a way of changing channels without putting a "0" in front. I honestly dont think its possible.

I have found a quick way to get from any source back to normal TV channels mind you. Whether your on AV or RGB or Component if you want to get back to normal TV Channels just press "0" and you'll go back to the last Channel you were on :smashin:

Hope this helps.

4. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

That's funny Steve, because I onlly have to press "1" to get BBC1. I don't have to press "0" first, not that I use the built in tuner that often. I must look into it.
    Having said that, I do recall someone on the Sonix thread say something about this, and what to do to change it some time ago, but it's such a long thread, it may take some time to find it.

By the way Steve did the new firmware for the Liteon cure the green tint problem?

5. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Ken,
    Thats interesting that you dont have to put a "0" in front. I'll have to look again at the sonix thread (read it once and remember it spoke about but cant recall it being solved).

Does your remote have the code number RC2600 ?

TBH I have only watched a couple of DVD's since doing the fw upgrade and haven't really noticed. I'll have to chuck Saving Private Ryan in again and carry out the test :smashin:

6. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

Yes same remote Steve. I know there is setting in the menu somewhere, but don't know where, will have a look later.

I watched the film "Chicago" last night, a lot of dark scenes, and most of the time everyone looked like martians, or really ill, because of the GT. :thumbsdow
    Rubbish film ( bloody musical ) :mad: , but only cost £4.99, Region 3 from CDWow in Hong Kong, so no great loss.

7. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, dont you just love musicals ;)

Have to admit I have noticed the GT in some films but I dont think to the extreme that your mentioning :(

Maybe your settings are different to mine.
    Cant remeber of the top of my head but I know that I have brightness quite high, contrast quite low and colour somewhere in the middle (I think :confused: )
    If you want I'll let you know the exact settings later on this evening when i'm home.

I'm really tempted to lower the green setting in the Service Menu but haven't got the bottle LOL.

8. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

I've got my settings similar to yours Steve, It's just that the film in question had mostly dark prison scenes in it, so the GT was more obvious than normal.
    I tried the tint setting towards red, but then get red faces on people, and the green tint is still there.
    Can't see much point in changing the service menu settings, what happens when you're not watching DVD, change them back again?

Just to point out to anyone reading this post, the fault is'nt with the V7, but with the Lite-on LVW5045 DVD recorder in pro scan.

9. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good point I think we've hijacked this thread :rolleyes:
    Dead right about the service menu no good if you have to keep changing back :(
    Is it a pro scan problem or a general problem in component. I haven't checked using 576i :confused:

10. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

Only in pro scan on mine, at least.

You're right we have Hi Jacked this thread, sorry!

11. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

Sorry Steve, I made a mistake with this one button thing.
    I never use the built in tuner in the V7, it's just that when I press button 1 on the remote when connected to one of the AV inputs, it just switches the TV to the inbuilt tuner in the V7 which happens to be the only channel I have tuned in.
    So yes you were right, you need to press two buttons after all. :suicide:

12. as8602

as8602

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have the Sonix 26" and have asked the same question. Finally discovered and downloaded the Video7 manual for this beast today, which unequivocably says: "You must use two-digit format [...for selecting channels...], for example press “0” then “2” to get programme two." Bizarrely, though, you can use a single number key to turn the TV on and go to that channel. To me this whole setup is rather dumb & annoying!

However, it should be largely moot as a widescreen display like this is rather wasted on it's analog tuner. Mine had been limping along with a naff wire aeriel in the bedroom for about 6 weeks. Over the weekend I lashed up a temporary feed to the external ariel (to be properly fixed shortly) giving me enough signal to feed a FreeView box. The picture improvement is like comparing chalk and cheese. Plus, of course, I can use the FreeView remote which deals with channels "properly".

13. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have to agree with the above comment on the built in tuner. I don't see much point in using an old fashioned analogue tuner with a widescreen TV.
    The picture from a freeview box or digital satellite is far superior, and of course most digital transmissions are now in widescreen. This is the reason why I never use the second rate built in tuner.

14. BADA55

BADA55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have noticed that if I use the component input with progressive scan I get small horizontal lines appear. They are not that bad but there al the same. Does this tv work with progressive scan? I didnt think it did. I just use it through component without the PS. I am finding that it looks better through RGB and scart. If it does accept PS then either my DV player is faulty or the tv is ;)

15. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Just trying to board the thread as it slews drunkenly from the topic rails ;), does the Video7 support HDCP on it's DVI socket?

I missed the boat on the Sonix and need a cheap 26" that will work with xbox/xbox2 (480p/720p) via component/DVI. Anyone else running the xbox via component YUV on the V7 26"??

16. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

I also see very feint horizontal lines on some dark scenes when using pro scan, but this is not all the time. it's not too bad, as the PQ is much better in pro scan.

17. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The 26" V7 is the same as the Sonix, so no HDCP.
    Ebuyer are selling the 26" for about £560, but the price seems to drop more or less week by week.