1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video7 smear on one channel (please read)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Axel40, May 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Axel40

Axel40
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    hi all

Well, we took delivery of our 32" Video7/LG/Grundig/Sonix LCD or whatever it's a clone of :thumbsup: lol and we're very happy.

One thing though, on channel 466 (sky digital) I think it's UKTV people, the faces on the top gear presenters were smearing on even small head movements. I was pretty dissapointed with that channel.

I'm just wondering if it's something I can fix or are we stuck with it?

Most other channels are brilliant, channel 5 via Sky digital was superb, I mean really so nice! DVD's are awesome.

Now, I read that someone had a similar problem in the massive Video7 thread and I have tried to search through the 30-40 pages but no joy so sorry for another video7 thread but needs must I guess :oops:

Just wondering if maybe there is something in the Service/engineers menu on this LCD that may help this problem?

I'm no expert but find it strange that some channels are superb and some very ropey, all going through the Scart/RGB btw.

Thanks in advance for any help I may get on these questions,

FAE

2. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi.
    The likely reason is that some Sky channels are simply better, they have more bandwith (space) given to them and subsequently the picture is better.

Some of the less popular channels don't get the same quality and as a result the picture suffers. This is probably why you get smeary or blocky pictures on certain channels......

3. Axel40

Axel40
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Thanks, so nothing to do with the TV then.

I guess CRT's still hold some of the Aces as this was fine on my old Hitachi.

No worries, we don't watch that channel to often, Top gear reruns mainly :) and the rest of the channels (that I checked) seemed ok.

Team America for us tonite on our shiny new box, can't wait :thumbsup:

thanks again.