Video7 set up help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by agent5mith1964, May 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. agent5mith1964

agent5mith1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just brought a 32" video7 LCD TV from ebuyer and am very impressed with the build quality. I have it connected via scart leads (gold oxygen free etc.) to a sky box and a surround system (Panasonic 520) when I play a dvd the picture quality for me is superb my problem is and would appreciate any help is that my sky picture looks a bit blurred (watching snooker and the balls look out of focus) where am I going wrong.

Thanks for your help

2. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

I think the problem you have with satellite pictures is you may be connected to scart 2, that connection is'nt RGB, only composite.
    If you have a comonent connection on your DVD player, I suggest you use that to connect to the component connection on the V7, and use scart 1 to connect the satellite receiver.
    Also if your DVD player supports progressive scan, use that. Progressive scan on the V7 looks fabulous. :smashin:

3. agent5mith1964

agent5mith1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that I will have a look tonight. I am sure the scart from my sky box to the tv does go through scart 1.When I change the settings on my sky box from RGB to pal the pic goes very poor.

4. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

If thats the case I don't know what to suggest, I don't have a sky box, just a motorised system, and that works fine on scart 1 with the V7.
    There is a long thread on the Video7, if I were you I would ask the guys on there.