1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video7 & Progressive Scan DVD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Gav_2000, May 4, 2005.

1. Gav_2000

Gav_2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 32" Video7 TV and have just got some component leads to connect my Hitachi PF7 DVD/VCR to the TV to allow me to use progressive scan for DVD playback.

I have a problem though as the DVD playback blanks out /freezes for a fraction of a second every few seconds on all of the DVD's I've tried. Is this problem likely to be due to the DVD player or the TV? DVD's play fine via a SCART lead or interlaced component but not with PS.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This sounds like the identical problem that myself and Radio Daze had with our Liteon LVW5045 DVD Recorder and this TV.
    Its something to do with Macro Protection. Are all the DVD's you're trying to play commercial ones or are there any burnt ones involved?
    We done a firmware upgrade which removed the Macro Copy protection and the problem was solved.

3. Gav_2000

Gav_2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, all the DVD's are commercial region 2 disks.

Was your fix a hack or a manufacturer released upgrade, there don't seem to be any Hitachi DVD hacks around so I may be stuck if that's what's needed.

4. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it was a hacked firmware upgrade. Quite lucky there as some guy has set up a forum site dedicated to Lite-on users and firmware upgrades are regularly posted on there :smashin:

I did look for a Hitachi one but couldn't find any.
    Maybe somebody on here knows of where to go. Might be worth posting on the DVD Player Forum if you haven't done so already ;)

Sorry I couldn't help any further :(

5. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

Well blow me Steve, I've just answered the same Guy on another post on the same subject. :suicide: Small World.

6. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed it is M8.

7. Gav_2000

Gav_2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, this problem is really bugging me and I was keen to get to the bottom of it.

It's starting to looked like a combined TV/DVD problem that a macrovison DVD hack would fix, unfortunately I seem to have an unhackable DVD player!!!

I guess my other bet would be to contact Video7 and see what they suggest, maybe there's a service menu option that could be altered?

8. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont think that adjusting the V7 in anyway will help tbh Gav.
    The problem lies with the player on progressive scan. I bet if you change your setting in the DVD player back to just component output then the problem goes away.
    Have Hitachi got a technical no. you can call ?

Just a thought, (i'm trying LOL).