Video7 LTV30C Warranty Problem

blanki1981

Standard Member
Hi All,

Been lurking here a while and have found the forum very useful, now i'm hoping to get some advice about a warranty repair im having problems with.

I purchased a Video7 LTV30C LCD TV from ebuyer in Jun 05. The screen developed a fault in its second year of warranty and so I contacted Video7 in Germany (Ingram Micro) to arrange a collect/repair. This was around 28th Dec 06.

After calling the Video7 support line on 5 separate occasions over a month period & being promised 5 separate collections dates, a courier finally collected the screen to be take for repair on the 5th Feb.

I did not hear anything regarding the repair until 3rd March when after much chasing on my part I received an email from the UK authorised repairer (RepairTech Ltd). They informed me that they were waiting for a new panel and unfortunatley had no eta on its availability. I spoke to V7 in Germany again and they could offer no eta on the part either and said they could not give me an alternative unit. They also suggested i speak to ebuyer and ask for an alternative. Ebuyer however say that the second year is purley a manufactuer warranty and they are not responsible.

It's now approaching 4 months since the fault began and 3 months since the screen was collected for repair. At this point I feel like i'm being fobbed off every time I call V7 and I am unsure how to procede. Has anyone else had to wait months to get their LCD TV repaired? Also because IngramMicro is based in Germany i'm not sure where I stand legally.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

regards

Ian

FeiJi Fancier

What was the nature of the fault? Did you manage to get the issue resolved? If so, how?

On mine, a few months ago, it developed a line of dead pixels - but it self repaired over time.

Now another fault has developed - the screen goes blank/black after a few minutes, but the standby light remains green.

Mine is out of warranty now - and I wasn't aware of a second year on the warranty.

Thinking about it, I didn't get mine from eBuyer, but from (I think) Ingram Micro direct.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom