1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video7 32"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by paul f, Feb 12, 2005.

1. paul f

paul f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it arrived this morning. It works - I'm using it now.

Styling is pretty good, silver with a black border around the actual display, speaker beneath. 32" is pretty big but it is not overpowering.

I won't comment on TV quality yet as I need to move some wires about etc.

As a PC display it comes up as 1360x768 60Hz. It is very good - bright, high contrast, very clear, just one prob: a thin strip down the left hand side. I guess this is the other 8 pixels. If they were black I wouldn't care, but they contain a copy of the rightmost 8 pixels which is not very good.

Any ideas how to get past this?

More info later when I've experimented some more.

Paul

2. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Look forward to seeing your comments as I am contemplating the 26" one, did u get it from Ebuyer?

3. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Hey let me know how you get on when connecting up as a TV.

If my second Samsung is a bad as the first I may give one of these a go as they are £500 cheaper!! :eek:

4. paul f

paul f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok - I found the h sync menu item.

Now before you read further I am no AV extremist, I am replacing a 15 year old 21" tele which hasn't worked properly for a year or more. So you may be fussier about your TV than me.

Hooked up to media centre PC by DVI it seems spectacular. Watched DVD and live and recorded TV. Video by SCART is great. TV is great, although taking the aerial via the pc is significantly less good - any advice on aerial splitters appreciated.

Down sides - very minor - 4:3 TV has black bars all the way around , so doesn't use the full vertical height - but is still bigger than it would be on the 26" sharp I nearly bought. Not much of an issue as I do most watching via PC and 4:3 comes out right that way.

Menus are a little clunky, and it takes several presses to get from TV to DVI.

Be aware that the 26" is not 1360x768.

More later, but very happy so far.

Paul

5. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Sounds good.

I've paid £1500 for my Samsung panel and I'm not happy so paying £500 less may not be a bad idea.

Does there seem to be any motion blur on fast moving objects?

Noticed any dead pixels?

Any ideas what the component video connections are like?

Sorry for all the questions :D

6. paul f

paul f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    4:3 is using the full vertical now. Perhaps I was trying to view 16:9 at 4:3 before?

I don't watch sport but I have the rugby on. Somebody running in the distance is a bit fuzzy around the edges but it seems fine to me. There is some blur but I'm afraid I can't really compare it with anything else.

Not a single dead pixel.

I have nothing with component out, sorry.

On the manual it says LB3200. It says:

component and RGB support 480/576i 480/576p 720p 1080i

strangely it also says: 1024X 768 gives the best picture, and also that the resolution is 1280X 768.

However it runs my nicely at 1360X 768 so I guess the manual is older than the TV.

It also says, in the specs: luminance 550 cd/m2
    contrast 800:1
    resolution 1366x786 - right at last !

Note that the 26" is 1280X768

On the back it says 'made in Denmark' on 17/01/05

It comes with a bit of paper with an 0800 number for tech support and 24 month pick up and return warranty. I'm sure I read that it had a 3-year On-Site Service but both video7 and ebuyer sites say the same - I think this has changed in the last few days and I will query it.

That's about it : still happy.

Paul

7. eddie_talbot

eddie_talbot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul. Glad you're pleased with it.

Can you tell me what the viewing angle is like ? On a set I saw in Curry's which I believed to be a clone of the Video7, the picture turned a purple-ish colour fairly quickly when you moved your head towards either side of the display.

Does this happen on your set ?

8. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The spec states an 18ms response time. How does this screen look with fast action and sport?

9. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    At Last ! somebody has actualy purchased this LCd 32" TV from Ebuyer and given a small review. Have been thinking seriously about a £2500+ 37" LCD TV, but, most have not got the right HDTV compatibility, reakon you really need 2 x HDMI 1 or 2 DVI (HDCP) sub 12ms response etc... May have to wait untill next year for that dream, meanwhile I was thinking this Video 7 would be a great stop gap.

Paul, is the PQ good enough on Terrestial\Freeview TV in youre opinion, compared to youre old CRT, and I notice the panel size says 31.5 " (can you confirm) would like to use this as a general TV (for the Lady) but also connect a HTPC to it using MCE2005. Lastly any problems with the response time 18 ms I recall? I have a 19" LCD 2 year old CTX monitor with a 25ms response time and see very few issues when connected via DVI.

10. paul f

paul f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some answers:

Viewing angle is as close to 180 as you would ever want to be - as long as the screen is at eye level. from above and to the side then blacks get a purple tinge.

I watched some rugby just to checkout how it dealt with speeding objects and it seemed reasonable. Certainly no trial behind the ball. Distant (small) fast moving figures are a bit blurry.

Is there any way of testing response times?

PQ is great, much better than old grotty TV. I have it plugged into an MCE box and it works a treat.

Yes, 31.5 inches. Big by my standards !

Paul

11. Vorix

Vorix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Can't have been the England-France match you were watching then - not many fast moving objects at Twickenham yesterday :eek:

12. motr

motr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Paul,

Never heard of this company before your posting, so after looking at the 26" version, I am tempted.

Will this suit my requirements? See bolow

Cheers

Wayne

Hi

I have only recently found this forum and have to say, I have read some interesting threads.

However, I am quite new to LCDs and am currently looking into replacing my Panasonic 24" Widescreen TV which is good, but takes up so much room, especially with a 6 month old baby in the house.

My living room is rather on the small side, 12 ft X 12ft and am looking at either purchasing a 23" LCD or at a real push, a 26", but the first option is to gauge opinions on the 23" selection.

I have had a good look round and at the moment, these are the ones that have caught my eye:

Philips 23PF8946
    Philips 23PF9946
    JVC LT23C50
    Sony KLVL23M1

The Sharp LC26GA3E would be top of my list but as I have said, with a young boy around the house, funds are limited, but I have seen plenty of views on this particular LCD to know a lot of you recommend it, so, my question is, any views on the other 4?

All it will be used for is watching/recording dvds using a Panasonic DMRE55EBS dvd recorder and a Sky box connected. It won't be used with a PC. I watch a lot of football aswell as films and live concert dvds.

The only other consideration I have is that the tv will be sitting in a small alcove in one corner of the room looking out to the rest of the room, so I am presuming that the 170 degree viewing angles should be ok for not directly sitting in front of the tv?

I really would appreciate any views/comments.

Many thanks

Wayne

13. televisionuser

televisionuser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Paul,
    I'm interested in the Video 7 32". Can you confirm if the video 7 does display in native resolution when hooked up to a PC? Also would you by any chance be able to take some pics so we can get an idea of the build & picture quality? thanks

14. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Is it wall mountable?

Cheers

HEADRAT

15. motr

motr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    From V7s website:

Panel Size 31.5" LCD Panel (80 cm)

Viewable Size H x V 697.68 x 392.26 mm

Aspect Ratio 16:9

Pixel Pitch (HxV) 0.511 x 0.511 mm

Panel Specification WXGA Panel

Colours max. 16.7 Mio.

Contrast Ratio typ. 600:1

Brightness typ. 500 cd/m²

Response Time 18 ms

Viewing Angle H/V 176°/176°

Horizontal Frequency 31.5 - 68.5 KHz

Vertical Frequency 50 - 85 Hz

Resolution 1366 x 768

Systems PAL/SECAM-B/G, D/K, I, L/L

Power Consumption max. < 150 Watt / Stand-By < 5 Watt

Tuning Multistandard Tuner (PAL&SECAM)
    Videotext (100 pages)

Speaker 2 x 14 Watt

User Control Menu/Source/CH up/CH down/Vol up/Vol down/Power
    Video: Strong, Standard, Soft, User
    Sound: Surround, Speech, Movie, Standard, Music User

In-/Output: 1x D-Sub
    1x DVI (HDCP)
    1x YUV
    1x S-Video
    2x Scart
    1x Audio L/R
    1x PC-Audio
    1x RF Antenna

Dimensions (WxHxD) 791 x 630 x 242 mm (with monitor stand)
    791 x 570 x 105 mm (without monitor stand)

Weight net/gross 16.5 kg / 21.5 kg

Features wallmountable (VESA 200x200 mm), HDTV

Warranty 2 years Pick-Up Service

16. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Excellent :)

Can you post the link to their website?

Thanks

HEADRAT

17. motr

motr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  18. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks Wayne, very interesting :)

HEADRAT

19. markharforth

markharforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been waiting ages for stock to arrrive on a Sharp 37" panel so that I could hook up a cheaper to run display than the projector I've been using for the past 9 months.

I sell display panels (for PC mainly), and had a LTV32D instock, so whilst waiting for the Sharp to turn up I thgought I'd take home a V7 LTV32D.

I was very surprised at the quality of this cheap panel. It is connected via DVI to a MCE2005 PC. The image quality is much better than I would expect from a PC capturing via Haupauge PVR-150MCE.

I too see no dead pixels, have no problem with viewing angle and as the panel only costs £800 will not be changing it for a Sharp.

The panel is a little short on adjustments, but if your driving it with a PC then you've got control that way.

I agree with the comments paul f has made

20. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Markharforth, £800 thats £150'sh cheaper than Ebuyer, u have any more to sell?

21. duncs

duncs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At that price, I would also be very interested - A good stop gap until the new technology is with us.

22. markharforth

markharforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys, thats £800+ Vat in the real world.

Just as a point of interest, I believe you'll find these V7 panels are identical to the Dixons Group (Dixons, Currys etc) branded Logik ones. I think the 32" is about £1200

23. HEADRAT

HEADRAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Indeed, a perfect LCD for the living room until the new stuff comes out, then retire to the bedroom/study.

I'm *VERY* tempted.

I would be using the LCD for normal TV and as a front end for my MCE2005, for big screen thrills I have a Sanyo Z2, I consider this the best of both worlds IMHO. I'm not going to spend ££££ on a 37+ inch LCD or a 50" Plasma when I can have a smaller display for normal TV and then use a PJ for films etc. I'm going to buy an electric PJ screen which will be mounted so that it drops down in front of the LCD :)

HEADRAT

24. duncs

duncs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hate living in the real world :) Thanks for the info - I will check out a Logik next time I'm in town.

25. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Markaforth, thanks for clearing that up although at Still under £1000 it is still tempting, are u able to take any photos for us to view or describe what it is like watching sport?

Also what does it look like in the flesh I have seen the photos and the below screen speaker looks a little chunky to me

Cheers

26. markharforth

markharforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Headrat, that's almost exactly my setup. The main complexity in setup really is programming the remote so the rest of the household don't get the PJ screen infront of the LCD when the press the CBEEBIES button etc etc.

Swilt1, It's acceptable watching sports. In the 5 days since I took it home I've got totally used to it. I would not consider paying the extra at the moment for any of the dearer panels (and believe me I am a gadget freak).....although...you are right, it's not the most attractive of objects physically. Have a look at the viewsonic 32" panel, it's much more attractive and I think will come under price pressure over the next month (currently about 1250 inc VAT) as it kind of competes with the V7.

27. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi is the speaker detachable?

Cheers

28. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you ever seen one operating alongside a Philips 9986 or a Sharp GA/GD?
    (with realistic video material, not cartoon network)
    Usually there is a spectacular difference in color quality and motion artifacts with these panels.

29. markharforth

markharforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    swilt2 - The speaker is not detachable

Rob1698 - I have not actually run the panels side by side, but I do sell LCGA panels. Yes the Sharps are better, but not by that much. When driven by a PC and considering the lower spec of the 5E (still not received any - due 17/18 Feb) I beleive the V7 is a better proposition (£/pixel). Maybe my opinion is skewed 'cos I watch most movies on a projector.

30. markharforth

markharforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry swilt1 - I gave you a version upgrade FOC