1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video7 32" dead pixels

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Big Red, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Big Red

Big Red
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I received my 32" video 7 on the 1st March, and this morning when I switched it on it has a black line in the centre of the screen around 2" from the top.
    I phoned up Video7 waranty department, to be told it would be picked up in 72 hrs by a German postal service and taken for repair.
    I told them a repair was not acceptable on a 16 day old tv, and was told I was out of exchange warranty and if I wanted it exchanged, I would have to take it up with my supplier.
    I contacted the co I bought it from and was told that it was up to the manufacturer to pick it up and it would not be repaired as it was not repairable.They told me the manufacturer would replace it.

Any info on what is correct procedure.
    Seem to be told 2 different stories here.
    Who is telling me the truth??
    Is the company I bought from saying the manufacturer will replace it just to get me of there backs?
    I have a black line with a white start and finish around 4mm long that is very noticable.
    Would you accept a repair on the above etc.
    Any help or advice appreciated.

Regards,

Gordon

2. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi

To start with I do not think pixel faults are repareable , it is all down to the manufacturer to set the tolerance limits.
    Your problem seems to be quite bad so a swapout seems to obvious course of action to me.

As far as I am concerned you have a contract with the place that you bought the screen from but Video7 might have a procedure in place to pick up the set.
    I would contact Video7 again and say they are welcome to pick the screen up aslong as they bring a replacement screen with them , there seems no point whatsoever in them taking your current lcd away for a week or two only to turn up with a replacement days later.

As per usual , be polite but firm in any dealings you have with both Video7 and the store where you bought the lcd from. :smashin: .

Good luck

Drphibes

3. Big Red

Big Red
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you mate for the reply.

I have gathered some more advice, and I am going to contact the seller tomorrow morning.
    I am going to request they replace the faulty tv within 7 days, or pay into my credit card the full purchase amount and arrange collection of the faulty unit.

I will not be accepting a repair or refurbished tv, and if one of the above options is not carried out within 7 days, I will be rejecting the goods as faulty and claiming a full refund.

I have also informed my cc company of the dispute today.

Will post outcome when I here what it is going to be.

Regards,

Gordon

4. richardr

richardr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Yes - your legal come back is with the seller, not the manufacturer - so push them for a replacement.

5. BADA55

BADA55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I echo that :) They are a very silly supplier to treat you this way as you have your rights to either a replacement or a full refund and they must realise this!

I would think if you are being completely factual then many folk on here would like to hear where you purchased it from so we never shop there in future!!! ;)