video via a USB

thebrummy_one

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, this is probably a no brainer:blush: but, is there any way of capturing video footage via usb? I don't want to start shelling out anything cos I plan on getting a decent PC (probably that medion I asked about in another link) in a couple of weeks. My current pc is totally under specified for NLE but I'm going stir crazy with all these ideas of what I want to do. Even if it's just a bit of practice before the main event!:confused: Or at the very least, is there any sites that hold files that can be manipulated just for the hell of it? I'm got broadband so downloading won't be too messy.

I've given it some thought, and I could buy a firewire card anyway as I'm sure I will need a cable when I get my new PC. They are only £20 all in and I would get Ulead version 4 SE which would give me an option of what editing program to use. I know my chosen PC comes with a good bundle of software. I also was looking at Pinnicle studio ver 9 as I quite fancy the wide screen and DD options. (so much stuff, so little money!!)
My concern is, given the following pc specs. is it worth it? or should I just wait the couple of weeks then enjoy the fruits of 'bigger, better, faster' and know no pain?
Current setup;
Pentium celeron 440meg!!
17 gig HDD
4* CD reader
320 meg RAM
ATI Rage 128 meg sound card with surround speakers (not fitted)
I have got a TFT screen though!! (albeit 15")

You could do it with that current spec but it would be very slow and it may disillusion you - you would also not be able to do very big bits with a 17GB hard drive. grit your teeth and hang on for the new PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom