Quantcast

video via a USB

thebrummy_one

Novice Member
Okay guys, this is probably a no brainer:blush: but, is there any way of capturing video footage via usb? I don't want to start shelling out anything cos I plan on getting a decent PC (probably that medion I asked about in another link) in a couple of weeks. My current pc is totally under specified for NLE but I'm going stir crazy with all these ideas of what I want to do. Even if it's just a bit of practice before the main event!:confused: Or at the very least, is there any sites that hold files that can be manipulated just for the hell of it? I'm got broadband so downloading won't be too messy.

B

Brian110507

don't think you'll get anything for free, you can get one of these :-
http://www.serif.com/store/partners/usbvideolead.asp
quite cheap - but I should warn you I have never been happy with the quality of video captured by this kind of device - but if all you want to do is capture and play this will do that much for you.

thebrummy_one

Novice Member
I've given it some thought, and I could buy a firewire card anyway as I'm sure I will need a cable when I get my new PC. They are only £20 all in and I would get Ulead version 4 SE which would give me an option of what editing program to use. I know my chosen PC comes with a good bundle of software. I also was looking at Pinnicle studio ver 9 as I quite fancy the wide screen and DD options. (so much stuff, so little money!!)
My concern is, given the following pc specs. is it worth it? or should I just wait the couple of weeks then enjoy the fruits of 'bigger, better, faster' and know no pain?
Current setup;
Pentium celeron 440meg!!
17 gig HDD
4* CD reader
320 meg RAM
ATI Rage 128 meg sound card with surround speakers (not fitted)
I have got a TFT screen though!! (albeit 15")

B

Brian110507

You could do it with that current spec but it would be very slow and it may disillusion you - you would also not be able to do very big bits with a 17GB hard drive. grit your teeth and hang on for the new PC.

Top Bottom