1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video upscalers

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cburro1794, Sep 28, 2003.

1. cburro1794

cburro1794

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    does anyone have any advice on Video Upscalers? - I am looking at possibly purchasing one for an LCD projector. My video sources include DVD ( IP using RGB S) and tape ( IP using composite and YC). Does an upscaler improve the image and if so, can anyone recommend a bargain buy? - does the upscaler introduce lip sync problems?

Cheers

Chris

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,802
    Upscalers can make an image better or worse dependant on their performacne and that of the processing inside the projector.

As the signal has to go through lots of processing you usually find they do delay the video. Some more than others. Not everyone is able to detect this delay though and many amps have a lip sync delay feature to compensate.

I distribute a model by Lumagen that I suggest you look in to. It's called the Vision. My website is being re-built this weekend and I don't think the Vision pages are up yet. It doesn't have an RGBS input but you could get a John Sim RGBtoComponent convertor to make it YPrPb and you'd be laughing.

Hope this helps a little

Gordon

3. cburro1794

cburro1794

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply, I would really like to see one in action. Do you feel an upscaler would work with an LCD Barcographics 6400 or would they both work against each other?
    What does your Upsacler retail at?
    Thanks again

Chris

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,802
    Yes I see no reason why an upscaler wouldn't work with this device. I do not sell these direct as I am dsitributor. If you contact me be email INFO@Convergent-av.co.uk, letting me know your location in country, I will put you in touch with nearest dealer

Thanks

Gordon