Video Ts Files

1saintly

Established Member
Reaction score
OK If im missing something simple, then i dont mind people saying even if it makes me look daft :blush:

now as a newby to linux i have been swapping between windows and linux, and can remember playing ts files before, but not sure if it was windows or linux (windows plays them ok) but now i have linux ubuntu hardy and linux mint dual booting on my pc. Found it does everything i need it to, only using windows for my games at the moment.

I Have just put a video dvd in my dvd player that contains ...audio ts and video ts files, but i cant get any linux dvd players to play it or any ts dvd! done a quick google and not much of a response!

Just wondering, if linux media players can play ts files, im sure they must do ...dont they?

ps dvd works ok when playing music or copying disks etc just wont play ts.

I think VLC will do it for you ;)

Nope tried that as well, loade extra codec files etc, doing my head in, its a fresh install on linux so not messed any settings up!

Dont no anyone else using linux so cant try it on another system, just grabbed a legit and legal (bought from shops not a copy) version of king kong that wont run, neither will any other films that were bought.

ps they show up as ts video\audio as well!
can play videos of utube yahoo etc

sorted it, was told to do this

You probably need to install libdvdcss, which you won't find on the official Ubuntu repositories. Here's a thread on the Ubuntu forum that might help you solve this problem.

and it worked :clap:

Hi,
Ubuntu 8.04 now has a "restriced packages" in the repositries that once downloaded gives you dvd playback (libdvdcss) also mp3,java and flash all in the one download.

In case you are new to Linux like me, you need to run Synaptic Package Manager and it's in the options for that (there are 2 sources in the repositories options which are not checked by default)

As an alternative to VLC, mplayer with the SMplayer front end is a nice movie player, i found i use that now over VLC.

Medibuntu is the place to go to sort out most of your multimedia issues.

http://www.medibuntu.org/

Full instructions on how to set up the medibuntu repositry and install the necessary codecs and DVD libraries (libdvdcss2).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom