Video to Video conversion software

TechiMan

Novice Member
Hi, just wondering if anyone has used a video conversion program called "Video to Video". The program allows you to convert to many video formats like avi, WMA, MPEG1/2, MPEG4 etc plus many more that I haven't heard of before, but also allows you to merge files together. I tried one merging of two video files and converted the files using "direct stream copy" so that it would save a duplicate copy of the video but merged together, but for some reason parts of the video on playback appear very pixelated even though the original files were fine. I've used Video to Video a few years now on and off and sometimes converted videos come out quite distorted or pixelated when the original files were fine. Maybe it's version I've got that's not working as it should.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Are you sure it's not just the compression settings? Video files are using lossy compression so turn the settings up too high and you can easily destroy the image quality.

TechiMan

Novice Member
Are you sure it's not just the compression settings? Video files are using lossy compression so turn the settings up too high and you can easily destroy the image quality.
No I think the "direct stream copy" option just allows you to convert a copy of the original files (in my case I was trying to merge to video files together of the same file types), I don't think there's any way of turning the settings up too high.

TechiMan

Novice Member
Just to illustrate what I mean when I convert a few MTS files to MPEG4 using Video to Video, as you may see it outputted file comes out blotchy, and I didn't adjust any settings apart from the audio. I know it's hard to see in the pic but watching the video it's quite noticeable and not a result of compressing the vdeo or upscalling the video quality too much that it makes it look pixelated. It was just a straight forward conversion to MPEG4, it looks more like VCD quality. Probably a bug with the software I would guess as sometimes it does it and other times it doesn't.

Attachments

• blocky mpeg4.jpg
    blocky mpeg4.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom