1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video to Panny Help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MrCoopz, Jul 10, 2002.

1. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have a problem connecting my panny to my VCR. I have my Digibox and Video connected with a scart lead and the Sky settings with "Scart Control on".

when i had this setup with my normal TV it switched automatically to play my videos but now when i play a Video it still makes the clicking noise as if switching. The sound changes to the Video but the picture on screen is still Sky Digital!

Does anyone know how to get this setup working or any other way a setup up my VCR?

BTW i am using Digibox S-Video to Panny S-Video

2. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    MrCoopz...I presume by your description you are using a digibox with svideo out like the grundig or sky+.

is your vcr a standard one or an svhs one?

if its not an svhs/svideo one then the vcr will just be doing composite,
    and hence nothing will get to the projector.

you'll need to run another cable for the vcr unfortunately,
    (or perform some sort of conversion... composite to svideo).

3. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mr Coopz,

I don`t know if this will help you but what I have done is take the aerial lead out of the video and split it with a splitter box to my TV and other to my Pro v. I`m sure Ive read you have a Pro v?
    All my DVD and video work on my TV as normal and I have my projector working excellent too.

I can not tell you Just how good my picture is.... it`s absolutely brilliant on Sky DVD`s are stunning some channels are marginally worse than others such as CNN but most are brilliant.

I have altered settings on my Pro v and also on the projector such as sharpness , picture mode and various other things and I `m sure i cant better it now

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HTPC + Dscaler?

Recently acquired a DVB PCI card, only able to view FTA European channels (+Sky News, CNN, etc...),

&

man is the picture GOOOOODDDDD:eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes perhaps your right,
    I have downloaded various scalers but in my case it`s not worth the hastle of unpluggin my pc and takeing it to lounge, I can live with my picture as it is as I can`t really see the difference that much, Now if it had knocked me down by being outstandingly different I`d make the effort, even pay out more money if I had to but it`s hardly noticeable with my set up.
    may be it`s just me or my Pc.
    I would definately recomend everyone who owns a projector to try every route available to him/her like I am doing, preferabley without laying out too much cash, it`s great fun, interesting and then you can make your own mind up which you prefer.
    I nearly built a PC dedicated to my projector, I`m glad I didn`t now, I`m happy to just bring it in on occasions and have a tinker and a game now and again.
    One thing for sure, I`m glad I bought the panny now

6. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I sorted it, I got a scart convertor (£2) and plugged an audio lead into it and the other end went into the yellow composite.

i have to say the picture is better than it was on my 32" Sony wega