1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Switching

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by DEO, Apr 22, 2003.

1. DEO

DEO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to make the AV equipment really wife friendly because she is not good with this.

Will the Rotel 1066 /1095 swithc the video and the audi to the plasma screen automatically.

I will most likely use a scalar so that there will only (hopefully) be one cable going to the plasma.

If I had different sources going independently to the plasma it sounds like a nightmare for my wife (another one after she realises the financial imlications)

Thanks

Dave

2. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely! But with one proviso. You haven't provided any information regarding your video sources. Although I have just read that you are thinking of a using a scaler which may help overcome some of the difficulties.

The advantage is that you just use your plasma as a monitor with a single lead from the AMP or scaler going to it. So you leave the input to always the same on your plasma. Now if you want to switch sources, your wife just presses the button on the remote of the Amp and voila both sound and picture are changed.

There will be a lot of people on this forum talking about degradation in the signal and stuff. Technically they are right, however even on my 1996 Kenwood amp I do not notice any visible loss compared to a direct connection.

For me this was essential, for my own convience and not just my wifes. But also it saved me a bundle in running cables to my projector which is 24ft away.

Cheers,

Jean-Paul