1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video switching with DENON AVC-A1SR

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bboy-mass, Jan 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have my a GAME-CUBE connected using composite leads (the ones from the box), and it's going down the S-VIDEO MONITOR OUT ok, but it don't look as nice as using a S-Video lead. Is it my vision, or have I set the amp up wrong ???.

Setting:

VCR2 [AUTO] (Game-Cube connected to VCR2)

Should it be set to VIDEO option ?.

I set VCR2 to S-Video, and there was no picture:mad:

Advice please, as the manual says nout about video switching.

R.
    Mass

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Not sure I totally understand what you mean.

Do you mean that you have the composite connection (the yellow lead) going out of your Game Cube, and into the amp, and then a connection from the amp to your TV via S-Video??

If this is the case, all that is happening is that the composite signal is being fed to the display via the S-Video lead - the amp won't improve the quality of the signal that it receives to that of S-Video.

The feature is added purely for convenience purposes - enabling you to have a number of different connections to the amp (composite, s-video, and component with higher end models) but only one connection to the display. Hope that makes sense :)

Kelvin :D

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +890
    The A1SR will upconvert video. Composite to S-Video, S-Video to Component etc.

You need to go into the main Setup menu and select the Video Input Mode. You´ll then have a choice of AUTO, Component, S-Video and Video (composite).

If you select AUTO the amp will output the video signal automatically in order of quality, Component, S-Video etc. Or you can manually select Video and it will upconvert the composite signal to S-Video and output it via the S-Video Monitor Out.

Try the different settings as I would imagine AUTO is the best way.