Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Video Switching, Video Formats and the Denon AVR 2803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by markfraser, Aug 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a AVR 2808 yesterday to replace my Sony STE DB940.
    I never used the Sony for Video switching but I am tempted to do this on the Denon. So, I'll be connecting the component outs on the DVD to one of the component ins on the Receiver, and the component out on the Receiver to the component in on the TV. That's fine but what do I do with my other sources - Sky+ and my VCR. The Sky+ has a S-Video connection which the Receiver can handle fine, but won't the quality be inferior to the RGB scart that I'm using direct to the TV at the moment? - As for the video - Again it's connected directly by Scart to the TV at the moment and uses this connection to communicate informantion beteen the two I think (they are both Loewe) so I guess I'll want to leave that out of the mix. I don't use the VCR much anyway so it's not really a problem I suppose but I would like to switch between Sky+ and DVD. Can I do that wothout loss of quality on the Sky+ ?

(phew)