• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Video Stutter

TopnyB

Novice Member
My relatively new Xbox 360 is connected to a Philips plasma TV. No matter what I try, I cannot get films to play without frequent stuttering (the films play for about 10 seconds, then freeze for a moment, then continue, then freeze, then continue, etc). I have tried streaming direct from the Windows 8 PC, a 3Gb Mpeg2 version on USB flash stick, a 1.5Gb Mpeg4 version on USB stick, a 7Gb AVI version on USB stick, an Mpeg2 version on DVD (which it simply doesn't recognise at all). I'm using BT Hub4 for wireless connection, which works fine on another TV in another room, but as I can't get the Xbox to play even through USB flash sticks, I don't think it's the wireless streaming that's the problem. Anyone that has any ideas, your help would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom