• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Video Stutter When Using DVD Drive

S

Sarah Nya

I've been getting this for the last couple of months now and I'm not sure whats going on.

Also when it's installing anything its incredibly slow and if I should try and watch video whilst it's installing the sound stutters (this is also when streaming videos online).

I'm certain it's nothing to do with my CPU being overloaded as it's not running anywhere near full load when this is happening. Any ideas what I can try, it was working perfectly before this started.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
It sounds like it may be stuck in PIO mode and isn't using DMA. Which OS are you using? If it's a varient of windows then have a look at the drive's property page in device manager and check it's settings in the bios.

S

Sarah Nya

XP Pro, I checked device manager and it said it was using DMA I will have a look at the bios tonight, just on my way to work now (fun).

N

nburg01

If this doesn't work then it could be that your drive is faulty. If changing the settings doesn't improve things I'd look at getting a new DVD drive, they're very cheap.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom