• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Video Station GUI for SMART TV?

senex18

Novice Member
Having eventually decided to buy a Synology NAS drive, to create a home multimedia streaming network; and having cat6 cable navigated to various rooms around the house. I thought the difficult part would be making sure all my movie and TV Show metadata were tagged correctly, or the transferring of files from hard drives to the NAS; but it all went pretty well.

I installed Synology 'video station' application and this programme identified and provided poster thumbnails for each file, and information relating to each file; and created cool backdrops when individual files were browsed.

I then downloaded the recommended' media server' application by Synology. With this package, you can stream videos directly to DLNA devices in the same local network, without installing any app or device on them.

I was hoping the same GUI would be available on my SMART TV via the 'Device' option on my Panasonic TVs.

I am aware that software like Plex is an option, however I believe the version created for Panasonic is not very good; and apparently attempts to re-transcode files and other niggling issues.

I would like to achieve the 'Video Station' GUI on my TVs, or any recommendation for a suitable programme that is Panasonic friendly; any suggestions? Or am I expecting to much to have a decent looking GUI arrangement for my media collection?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom