VIDEO: Sony demo Dolby Atmos AV Receiver and 4K Blu-ray player at Bristol Show - video discussion

Did whoever filmed it, or Eric, think to clean the receiver before filming? :rotfl:

Can't wait to try these 2 out.

Today I asked about whether 4k player will be having Dolby Vision in the future and the guy looked rather annoyed at my question! I guess he had had a lot of the same questions over the weekend lol... He said it came down to cost...
IMAG2637.jpg

Today I asked about whether 4k player will be having Dolby Vision in the future and the guy looked rather annoyed at my question! I guess he had had a lot of the same questions over the weekend lol... He said it came down to cost...
IMAG2637.jpg
The X800 won't be upgraded to support Dolby Vision but I bet Sony's next UHD Blu-ray player does!

All sounds too good to be true especially at the very competitive prices. . As an audiophile I am disappointed that there is a fixed poor quality mains lead,absurd FM input connector and no pre-outs assuming its same as the 1070 not released in the UK,Do you know the release date for the two as I am very interested in the combo. Unfortunately I am having problems with my Sony STR-DA5400ES AVR & XA5400ES SACD player combo that has gone faulty plays Blue-Rays & DVDs perfectedly, biut will not play SACDs or CDs without drop outs and no one can understand or solve the problem , player works perfected ly with analogue leads into my stereo amplifier,so the receiver must be faulty.

Any sign of the Sony HT-ST5000 Atmos soundbar at the show?.....and all this talk of Dolby Vision for months and months...and still no discs, nor a player to play them lol.

The X800 won't be upgraded to support Dolby Vision but I bet Sony's next UHD Blu-ray player does!
Does not surprise me on reflection, as Sony would have highlighted the ability/intention to upgrade the player as they have indicated with the XE93. Disappointed as this was going to be a serious contender when I upgrade this year due to all the other features.

Is there a price for the DN1080 yet?

I wonder if Sony will have any ES receivers in the UK market for 2017?

Can I make 5.2.2 with it? I have two subs and I read everywhere just 5.1.2 thank you!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom