Video signal switch off when watching Pan's Labyrinth on an Infocus X1

Shenoizy

Last night I watched Pan's Labyrinth for the first time. It's a brilliant film but my experience was spoiled by two instances of video signal switch off when viewing through my Infocus X1.

The two scenes last a few seconds (one at the begining and one at the end) and feature the screen lighting up from a dark scene to a very bright and completely white (or yellow) shot which then fades back down to another normal scene. Just before the screen goes to white (or yellow) the video projector loses its signal and searches for another video source:eek:. Since there isn't one it soon returns to the component signal when the scene returns to a normal picture.

Why does this happen and is there anything I can do to prevent it occurring? I've not experienced this on any movie I've watched before so I wonder if it's just this film.

Shenoizy

There doesn't seem to be any answer to this but I experienced the same problem when watching Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me a few weeks ago. I guess that any scene which causes the screen to go all white confuses the projector into changing video sources.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom