1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Senders

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Chris The Ninja, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  2. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Wireless video senders are very hit and miss. I banged my head against a brick wall for weeks trying to get the Digisender X2 to work properly but in the end plumped for a Thomson one (which I do not think is made anymore).

I loved the Digisender, but it suffered from a seriouls video / audio crosstalk problem when there were high-contrast static images on the screen (like DVD subtitles or the Sky menu). Several people have reported this fault to AEI but they seem very reticent to admit that it is actually an issue and could not offer a solution.

My advice would be to buy from a store which has a good no-quibbles return policy and simply try them out until you find one that works for you.

3. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers Darren. I had heard something to that effect about the Digisender. I think I will buy from Argos, which alledgedly has a no quibble returns policy and try both the Digisender and the Phillips. I can forsee a few problems. I use Homechoice as my service provider and I have recently had problems with the transmission of the VOD services. They suffer from noise and colour transposition if I use certain SCART output/SCART combos, which they ascribe to encoding. I am hoping to get the box replaced 'cos it only started happening last week but I have heard of someone having problems with a macrovision signal via the Phillips.

4. Bertson

Bertson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any joy with finding a decent video sender to use with Homechoice? Am soon to have it installed and am after some advice. Thomson seem to get a good write-up, but which model?

Thanks

5. LowDef

LowDef
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies in advance for my rather basic query, I'm new to HD TV and all it entails. I have a Digisender Plug'n'Go MkII and I can only seem to get one channel on it. It is connected to the AV1 scart socket of a Panasonic HDD box, which is also a Freeview receiver. The idea was to beam the Freeview channels to another telly in the kitchen. The Panasonic box is attatched to the living room telly by HDMI cable, not scart. I followed the video on the Digisender website, but when I switched the receiving TV to Scart, I only got BBC1. Any (probably obvious) advice would be appreciated :lease: