Video Senders

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Chris The Ninja, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hola! Nice to meet you all. Hope this is the correct forum to post this in - I wasn't quite sure.

About to move into a new flat where, true to form, the aerial sockets are on the other side of the flat to where I want to put the TV. Also I want to have TV in the bedroom, which I will be doing by buying the Avermedia Cardbus PCMIA card for my laptop. So I was considering buying a video sender.

I am considering either the AEI Digisender X2 from Argos (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...ngId=-1&searchTerms=digisender&go.x=8&go.y=12)

or the Philex Superwand (http://www.beststuff.co.uk/philex_wand.htm)

or the Phillips SBC VL1200 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000068TYR/ref=ase_wwwdealticouk-ce-21/026-0152487-2138010).

Does anyone have any views information on these? The Digisender says it passes RGB signals but I can't find info on the Philex or the Phillips.

I want to input my homechoice by SCART and then connect my TV by SCART. ALso considering connecting my Xbox but a bit worried about latency. Actually what I would really like is to connect my Xbox and then use a wireless controller to play in my bedroom on the transmitted signal received by the Avermedia Cardbus. Asking for trouble???

Basically I guess I need minimum 2 inputs on the transmitter, a second receiver and I am guessing at least 3 channels of 2.4GHz transmittance (I have a wireless LAN and would like a wireless Xbox Controller). I also have a DECT phone but I think these broadcast on a different frequency?

Anyone have any hints, tips, comments or suggestions?

Peace

Chris The Ninja Pirate

2. johnnycab

johnnycab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried the AEI and the Philips 1200 digisenders, in a 3-way configuration with a Sky digibox - also have a wireless network and DECT Phones and an XBOX. However, the performance was varied - as a lot of other factors play a major part.

Getting the digisenders to work, whilst a wireless network is active was the easy part. For example, using a microwave will send the signal received by your TV/Monitor etc. into a complete frenzy. Also, external factors like a breezy or stormy day will also degrade the quality of the signal. I could not get any of the digisenders to work in one of my room. However, in the other room - it was flawless.

My advice would be to try it out - at least you can return it! If you have to go for it - try the AEI, it has a better signal and picture quality. The build quality is way better than the Philips, which incidentally has the cheapest antenna I have seen i.e. a thin platic tube over a copper wire!

3. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers johnnycab.

I had heard that microwaves were really bad news. The good news is that I don't have one, the bad news is I don't know about the neighbours. I think Argos has a good money back guarantee so I think I will try the AEI model and see if I have much luck. Just noticed that Maplin have reduced their video sender to £40 but I vaguely remember dark mutterings about the quality of their version. I might wander down the road and have a luck. Thanks for the advice.