Video Senders plugged into a standard sky box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Sarahsdaddy, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Sarahsdaddy

Sarahsdaddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not sure exactly what the make and model is, but I have one of these, plugged into my sky box http://www.amazon.co.uk/2-4ghz-vide...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200580661&sr=8-38

so I can watch the tv in the bedroom. It seems to be strobing an awful lot, especially when there's a lot of white on the screen, has anyone else come across this sort of problem? the receiver is basically directly above the sender in our room and there's no pipes or any such under that area of the floor

I've switched off my router & computers etc to see if they were interfering but the problem still exists

Do I need to change the output settings for scart 2 on my sky box or Is it just because the senders are crap? if so whats a decent set for not too much cash

Cheers Gents

2. Sarahsdaddy

Sarahsdaddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. chrisbell17

chrisbell17
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had those and they were rubbish to say the least. It will interfere with your wireless coz they work on the same frequency. I had trouble gettting a good signal across the same room

4. Platelet

Platelet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    your wireless network, your neighbours wireless nextwork, their neighbours etc etc. microwaves, dimmer switches other av senders - all can cause these things problems

the sender and receiver should if you are lucky have 3 or 4 different channels that you can try and some form of dip switch type settings to change them. Beyond that however if you are getting interference then there's little chance that a different model will be any better

5. shadows

shadows

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    ive used these for 2 years if you have a few settings on them try every one you will get there, the only problem i had at first was my cordless phone was causing interference so moved the phones location since then no problems

6. malc_gsi

malc_gsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The signal from my Xbox360 used to cause problems with mine, it apparently pulses listening for a signal from the wireless remotes.

7. Sarahsdaddy

Sarahsdaddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it just seems wierd that it only strobes when theres an excess of white on the screen,

i've tried switching the router off overnight (no other wireless networks in rang) but it makes no difference I don;t think it was my router anyway, as I've ust put a high gain ariel on it to boost the signal to the back of the house for the xbox and its no worse than it was, however I never thought about the phones (bt freestyle 3500's)

as for the dip settings, only 2 of them actually work and there's no difference between them, again its the white screen that seems to make it strobe on both the working settings.

any suggestions for a reasonably priced set fellas?

8. Platelet

Platelet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Just a thought but have you tried connecting the TV directly to the sky box and made sure it's not the TV having a problem with the "white" on the sky banners etc, rather than anything to do with the senders?

9. Sarahsdaddy

Sarahsdaddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

yep tried that with a lead & the tv's fine with the little arial