Video Sender for Sky Q

Steveh24

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just had a Sky Q box installed, but unfortunately it doesn't have a Scart Socket so my Video Sender no longer works and I can no longer watch TV in the Dining Room.

Sky offered me a mini box and Sky Multiview, but I'm not paying £12 a month for something I had for free, so can someone tell me of any Video Senders that will connect to the Sky Q Box

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the reply and no I didn't see the sticky thread above "DO NOT POST ABOUT SKY IN THIS FORUM", I thought it was a forum for discussing anything AV related, not sure where else I could have asked this question.

I've moved the thread to this, the right location.
The don't post here thread must have been invisible, so I've made it clearer now.:)

Would a long HDMI lead and an HDMI splitter solve the problem? About the cheapest/easiest option.

Would a long HDMI lead and an HDMI splitter solve the problem? About the cheapest/easiest option.
Only if less than 10m otherwise HDMI amplifiers/extenders required.

Not a wireless solution unless you feed its output to a UHF aerial amplifier and set top aerial - strictly speking illegl but works well distnces up to 100m depending on amplifier gain

Not a wireless solution unless you feed its output to a UHF aerial amplifier and set top aerial - strictly speking illegl but works well distnces up to 100m depending on amplifier gain. Remote control by app on phone or tablet

Last edited by a moderator:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
OP didn't say he needed a wireless solution. Presumably his Sky box was connected by coax and its analogue RF output to the kitchen TV.
The modulator would likely do the trick, but at quite an expense. Still cheaper than 12 months multi-room though.

OP didn't say he needed a wireless solution. Presumably his Sky box was connected by coax and its analogue RF output to the kitchen TV.
The modulator would likely do the trick, but at quite an expense. Still cheaper than 12 months multi-room though.
Try actually reading the OP

unfortunately it doesn't have a Scart Socket so my Video Sender no longer works
Since when does coax connect to a SCART socket

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom