1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video sender and ntl pace ditv100 box horror

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by powely, Dec 21, 2004.

1. powely

powely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,
    I have just bought a Tevion video sender from Aldi and set it up with my old Cable&Wireless (now NTL) pace 1000 decoder and a television in a upstairs bedroom, the signal comes through fine but I cant use the remote control to switch channels from upstairs, I've tried moving the infrared diode around to find the infrared receiver but to no success, I'm not quite sure where the infrared receiver is on the pace decoder. I don't know if this is a problem (I don't think it is) but I'm using a Medion 8in1 remote control, it changes the decoder channel over fine downstairs but its just not working upstairs when pointed at the Tevion video sender. Any help greatly appreciated. Powely.

2. MikeIOW

MikeIOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi there,
    Did you get this sorted ?
    We have a NTL box & tried a video sender ages ag ofro Argos, which failed completely. Took it back & gave up, but if there is renewed hope I might revisit this !!!
    Medion have a sender/receiver half price (under £25 !) - Audio-/Video sender 2,4 GHZ MD9048.....I suspect this might be the same as your Tevion unit.

How far (how many walls !) does your unit transmit through !?
    thanks for any update !
    cheers
    Mike

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    its due to the PACE 1000 and 2000 series using IrDa not IR which is what the video sender uses, if you get a redeye from redremote it should work fine

4. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373

or he could ask NTL to change his cack hyrbid box