video sender 5.1 audio

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by stumac2000, Jan 20, 2003.

1. stumac2000

stumac2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wireless video and audio how to?????
    I have a cable coming through the wall in my dining room which is attached to a dish on the roof. what do i need to connect my tv to it which is in the lounge 1 big point to make is that i can not run cables as i have a marble floor i am after a wireless solution

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Well, there's a fair few video senders on the market, I take it you mean your SKY STB is not near the TV? I don't think any are compatible with digital sound at all, I think all the ones I've seen use RF, which with sky or DTT will mean mono sound as they are not nicam. Try Keene electronics, they might have something. What you'd need would be something to plug into the STB with scart, and then scart your tv into the receiver. Great device if anyone makes one, I'll have one too!

3. stumac2000

stumac2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks very much ill have a look at keene electronics
    i have the digital sender and im trying to connect an amp with 6 preamps out and send them via rf and connect back into an amp with 6 preamp ins to see if that works

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    A lost cause. You can't even send nicam once it's been decoded, ie recorded on a video.