1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video scaler

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shoalin kid, Nov 24, 2003.

1. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a fujitsu 42"pds4229e ,now having read all about the new pio with its hi def i was wondering if a video scaler would have the same beneffits on my plasma .it is capable of displaying hi def 1080i through comp vid,i have seen a lektropack scaler for £400 .another question would a scaler add to lip sync probs i only notice it on pal dvds.any advice would be welcome cos i dont claim to no much in this area and i cant afford to buy the new pio

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    At £400 I'd rather have a silicon image iscan pro, I'm fairly sure it will improve your picture. That's 852x480 pixel screen, if memory serves?

3. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes it is .any one got an iscan who can tell me if its worth the money.will a scaler give a hi def picture from my denon 2800 and anybody know about further lip sync probs ,i dont know where to start ,am i not getting the best picture out of my screen?

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Yes there are lipsync issues, yes it will improve your picture, but by how much if you are already connecting with component. My guess is not that much from DVD, but quite noticeable with sky or whatever tv you use. You can get external audio delay boxes to overcome lipsync.