Video Scaler with plasma.

gwc

I've got an urge to upgrade. I am happy with the sound and I am looking at the video path, primarily the output from my SKY box, as the picture is not that great.

Would a video scaler help? Also, would it improve DVD replay as well.

My apologise if these topics have been covered before or they seem simple (I have no experience with video scalers).

Any recommendations/experiences would be appreciated.

Cheers

gwc

StooMonster

Check the DVDO iScan HD thread in this forum.

StooMonster

kaspj

Standard Member
Gordon,

What's your take on feeding a plasma a higher refresh rate from a scaler - complete waste of time? I refer to the revelation (well to me anyway) on the iScan HD thread (here and on AVS) that plasma's likely convert the rate internally to a native refresh rate.

So on that basis, talk of 3:3 pulldown at 75hz PAL & 72hz NTSC (for those panel's that support those rates supposedly) is a red herring, unless you're a projector owner it seems. Could you give us the benefit of your wisdom please. What do you tell prospective Lumagen customers who own plasma's re higher refresh rates beyond 60hz?

kind regards,

JP.

StooMonster

Check those two threads. :D

StooMonster

mo

Gordon,
I have been told via the industry that there is a new product by Lumagen in the near future that has a DVI out. Are you in a position to Substantiate on this.

Or is there a scaler that has a 3: 3 pulldown in the market with a DVi out (HTCP Compatable) unlike the new Iscan HD.

I to would be also grateful if you could give me a call on the number provided.

You know I'm Bad :devil: !!!

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom