Video Review: Philips OLED+986 TV

cheeselover

Novice Member
I am the onwer of OLED936, love it. I am not gamer and I watch TV mainly for TV programs or movie. picture, sound and ambilight together are really a fantastic combination! I do see the TV can support 4k120hz when connecting to Xbox Series X. Your video shows the Xbox TV status report page is different from mine. I guess you may connect Xbox to HDMI3 or 4 of TV. My understanding is OLED936 and 986 is the same in video specification and only HDMI1 and 2 support 4k120hz but HDMI3 and 4 not. Hope it can be reconfirmed by you to let other viewers get updated result. attached my TV screen shot when connecting Xbox.
mmexport1651033725709.jpg

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Neither the OLED+936 or 986 support full resolution 4K/120 due to the dual MediaTek chip approach used by the OLED+ TVs. This has been confirmed by Philips in a recent thread on AVForums. You are correct that there are only two full-fat 48Gbps HDMI inputs, this is well known and used in the video. Thanks for your comment.

Rauha

This one does not have broken Dolby Vision with UHD players and ATMOS passthrough problems unlike all of the other 2021 Philips OLED models?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom